Monday, September 10, 2012

Friday: Robert

          A few Friday's ago our PIE (Pizza Intercessory prayer Evangelism) team went out to the Block of Orange for evangelism. It was pretty spur of the moment because Chad and I usually go somewhere local. Well I was feeling a bit nervous going out and tagged along with Chad...usually I go out by myself. It was pretty exciting because we got to see other believers out sharing the gospel that night in a very crowded mall. As the night wore on, I had handed out a good amount of tracts but had not spoken with anybody. I really wanted to but was nervous (yes I still get nervous, even after 6 years!!).

The Block! 
Near where I talked to some teenagers
        Chad and I were nearing the end of the tracts we had bought and were preparing to leave when I saw two teenagers sitting at a table. I noticed they had already received a Harvest Crusade flyer. There was a group there handing those flyers out to invite people to the crusade, I got a flyer too which made me laugh. Well, I thought I should still give them a tract so I did. Then I walked away, but noticed they stacked it on top of the Harvest Crusade flyer and put a cup on top of them. Chad and I walked a bit more and turned around to go back the way we came. I saw the two teenagers there still and something inside me just pushed me right up to them and asked them what they thought of the tract. They stared at me blankly which caused me to ask them if they had read it. They said no. I shared with them that it was a Million dollar bill with the Million dollar question on the back which is " Will you go to heaven when you die?" I told them its the million dollar question because its the biggest gamble they will ever make, their life.
The Million dollar bill
         After asking them that question they said well, I don't know. Then one guy said "We have had several people talk to us already today." So I asked if it was still ok if i talked with them and they said yes. So I started asking them if they had kept the 10 commandments, if they had ever told a lie, been angry with another person or stolen anything. They admitted to doing all of them...i was sure to let them know I was guilty of breaking them too. At this point I ask them if they would be innocent or guilty of breaking Gods commandments and they both said guilty. Then I asked if the would go to heaven or hell. Immediately Robert says in a bit of an angry voice " I am a Muslim." I was caught off guard, but asked "Is what i am saying offending you?" He said no and I asked if it was ok if i kept talking to him and he allowed it. It was great to talk with him and listen to what he believed and I was able to share what the scriptures teach and challenge him to read the Injil (the first four books of the new testament because Muslims can read them). He told me he had a bible at home, which shocked me honestly. Most of the Muslims I have encountered did not and they did not want one when it was offered to them. I encouraged him to read it and check out the claims of Christ. He believed that if he did enough good he would get to heaven when he died. I was able to share a scenario where you are in court for a bad crime. I told him that even if I had done a lot of great things before and after the crime like helping in an orphanage and working with developmentally disabled kids the judge would still find me guilty of the crime I committed. God is the same. I told him to pray to God and ask that God would show him the right way. Before I left I tried to encourage them and let them know that all those Christians who had come up and spoken with him were only doing so because they cared tremendously for him and his soul. I wanted him to see that we were not trying to be a downer or upset him but share the good news with him and teach him who God is and how Great he is. I hope he saw how much God cares about him that he sent so many of his followers to him that night. Please pray for Robert and his friend, that they would repent of their sins and put their trust in Christ alone and that God would be glorified!


~N

No comments:

Post a Comment