Sunday, August 22, 2010

If its not for Christ...

So I have had this re-occuring thought in my head for a few years now that goes "if its not for Christ....what is the point?" Isn't that convicting? It has really had me thinking about how I live my life and what I need to change in order to make every second count for all eternity. So often we, as Christians, get sucked into our daily schedule without thinking about God or even putting Him first in our lives. I know that I am guilty of this. I told Chad today "I am tired of getting up, getting ready, going to work, coming home, going to bed and doing the same thing all over again the next day." Am I alone in this? "If its not for Christ....what is the point?" How are you serving Christ? Are you reading your bible as often as you should? Do you have a quiet prayer time daily?, how about for more than one or two minutes at a time? Have you shared the gospel with anybody today, this week, this month? I hope this is convicting you as much as it has me. I can always do more, study more, pray more and share the gospel more! "if its not for Christ....what is the point?"



So my question is: How are YOU making every second count for all eternity?

~N

1 comment:

  1. I've been asking myself the same question lately. The Lord's coming is near and I don't want to waste any time on things that don't count for eternity!

    ReplyDelete