This post is encouraging to me. It reminds me that God hears me when I pray and answers me. Sometimes its No but sometimes its Yes.
Here are a few answered prayers I have had recently:
1. In preparation for a long flight (which I was totally nervous about!)...I prayed over and over for a smooth flight. God answered this prayer giving us the smoothest flight ever.
2. I have been praying for God to bring a good Christian man into my sisters life and that she would grow in the faith. I have seen this happening before my eyes and I couldn't be happier.
3. I prayed alot while in East Asia and God opened up many opportunities for me to be a bold witness.
4. I have been praying for God to comfort my mother in law and she recently shared verses God lead her to read that were of great comfort.
5. I have asked God to help my parents grow in their walk and for my dad's back to heal and I know he is answering both.
6. I prayed that God would give my mother in law many opportunities to share the good news with those she ministered to in Haiti and while she was there she shared with all she worked with and people repented!!!
Recent prayer requests:
1. For my East Asia friends! For those who received The Good Book, that they would read and understand and be saved.
2. For Chad and I and some big decisions we are making.
3. That Chad and I would be able to find teaching jobs that are secure and not 2 hours away from home.
4. For future M opportunities that Chad and I might have.
5. For those we worked with in East Asia that they would be bold and encouraged.
I am so glad that I serve a God who listens when I pray. After coming back from East Asia, Chad and I suffered from severe jet lag. This was due to the fact that while flying home Chad became sick with what we later found out was the flu and bronchitis. A few days later I was super sick and found out it was a sinus infection. It was the first time I have ever had one and it was a doozy! While suffering from Jet lag and sickness, being stuck awake at 3 AM with nothing on TV, I started reading book after book on Christians who have lived before me. One such man was George Muller. He was a man of faith. Reading that book really convicted me. How often to I just have faith in God to provide for me or help me? Not very often. I remember when Chad and I were laid off from our jobs and had no income, no insurance and no job prospects. We stopped buying groceries, didn't go out at all, canceled cable and so on. We didn't know how we would pay rent or electric or gas but just enough money would come in. We would randomly have a surplus of funds in our gas or electric accounts so that we didn't have to pay the bill that month, or we would get a letter with money in it. God provided for us during those months and he miraculously gave us jobs. I know God will provide for me. I have been challenged to trust in Him completely and not in money or my own ways.
I hope in God, I pray on, and look yet for the answer. They are not converted yet, but they will be.
"There was a day when I died;
died to self, my opinions, preferences, tastes and will;
died to the world, its approval or censure;
and since then I have studied only
to show myself approved unto God."
-(George Mueller)
"To learn strong faith is to endure great trials.
I have learned my faith by standing firm amid severe testings."
(George Mueller)
"If the Lord fails me at this time, it will be the first time."
(George Mueller)
As a preview of my next post on Hudson Taylor (another great book I read) Here is an AMAZING quote by him:
Written to his wife during one difficult time in the work of the China Inland Mission,
"We have twenty-five cents - and all the promises of God!"
(J. Hudson Taylor)
~N



God does take care of us. It seems like our trials have been in different walks of life each with their own problems, but God has gotten us through them all. It is good to share answered prayers! I/we will continue to pray for our new friends in East Asia! Love you :)
ReplyDelete