I saw this on a blog and thought it might be interesting so here goes:
The top five movies that I have cried in:
1. The Pianist: I not only cried watching this movie, I bawled. After the movie I went for a walk and sat on a hill overlooking the city and just cried my eyes out. In college I majored in history and the Holocaust was my emphasis. Whew, it really got to me.
2. UP: I went and saw this movie with some family, and I had to leave the theater a few times to hide that I was crying. My father-in-law was battling cancer at the time and I instantly thought of him. I don't think I could watch this movie even now. It was cute though.
3. Flipper: No joke, in the movie theater with my little sister, mom and cousins I was hysterical. My mom gave me a blanket to quiet my crying LOL!! The part where they make flipper leave....SO sad!
**Ok so I only have three listed! Chad just reminded me that I make it a point to not watch any movie that might even be a little sad and he is right. Our movie library is full of funny movies and TV shows. I know....I know... "what about Schindler's List?" you say.....well I have it....but I know that I will cry so I have to prepare myself to watch it! So I have been waiting. So here are two books that have made me cry.....not that you guys really care....but they are very good books and I would recommend them!!
1. Tears of My Soul: I am finishing this book up right now. I was reading it during a day substitute teaching and had to put it down because I started to cry in class. These people had nothing, they were tortured, this boy watched his whole family suffer through horrible atrocities. The part that really got me was when he was talking to his brother who was beaten so badly he couldn't see, he is saying his good bye to him and it just broke my heart...I'm tearing up just thinking about it. What is great about this book is that the man eventually becomes a Christian and it shares how his anger toward those who murdered his family turns to love, something only Christ could do! This book broke my heart for those who suffered in Cambodia during this horrible time in their history. GREAT BOOK!!!
2. Night: This is a book I recommend to people all the time. Its a great way for people to understand what happened to the Jewish people during the Holocaust and what they had to go through in the concentration camps. One portion of this book shares an argument between the boy and his father over a fork (or spoon I'm not sure) which was their only family possession. The father thought he was about to be lead off to die, it was so sad. The book is beautifully written and a quick read.
Ok, well I hope you all have a great day. Sorry for a sad post, but I thought it would be interesting!
~N





Life is Beautiful made me cry...another Holocaust movie.
ReplyDeleteI will get to read that book "Tear..." when my schedule clears up a bit :)
ReplyDelete