Friday, May 6, 2011

Some of my favorite Blogs....

OK so there are several blogs that I "stalk" sadly. A few of them are neat and give me great ideas for decor and baking. Those of you who had the chocolate peanut butter truffles, or the chocolate chip peanut butter brownie thing can thank these websites.

1. Be different Act Normal found here
                 *At this website I have found some great party ideas especially for Shannon's 
                   Bridal shower at my house. She also has some fun recipes.

2. Confessions of a Cookbook Queen found here
                 *What I love about this website is that the recipes are simple and they taste 
                   great!! She adds a new recipe every other day and they are always fun and 
                   creative. 

I am going to be bringing desert to our Bible study in a few weeks and one thing I will be bringing are these Homemade Milanos found here

         I also read several blogs that are written by people and families who live abroad in various locations working for the Creator. They are such an inspiration to me, some of these people I have met and know, others I have never met and will probably never meet until eternity. Their passion for what they are doing is contagious. I won't post their blogs on here just for privacy reasons, but if you want to see them just let me know and I will send them to you :)

         Another friend I have made recently is the director of Hope Now for Youth in Fresno, CA. They work with gang members and those who have recently been released from prison. They teach them and train them in basic life skills, how to get a job, and share the Good News with them. It is such a great ministry! Recently (well maybe a year ago) one of the men he had helped out was deported back to Cambodia. His family had fled Cambodia when he was a baby because of the horrible things happening there at the time. Roger (the director's name), decided to travel to Cambodia to help out this man and his wife (who is also an American) and get them settled in Cambodia. He created a blog and I have been following it. It is such an encouragement to me, and has caused me to read several books on Cambodia's turbulent history. There is a huge need in that country. He is just wrapping up his second trip to Cambodia and is leaving today. I think there are great opportunities for work and partnership in Cambodia and look forward to seeing what he will do next! His blogs are here and here. Its also a great way to know a specific people to pray for and what their needs are. Don't forget to pray for Hope Now for Youth as well!!


Have a wonderful Mother's Day weekend!!!


~N
             

2 comments:

  1. good blogs to follow (especially Roger's) :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. and the treats you make from that one website are always yummy :)

    ReplyDelete