Friday, July 22, 2011

I am not good with words....

Meaningless, meaningless everything is meaningless. Unless it is for the Kingdom. What are you doing in your every day life for the Kingdom? Are you satisfied doing the same thing every day, never thinking about how you can share with your co workers and those you come in contact with? I admit this has happened to me! When I realize it, i feel so remorseful for not sharing with those I love. Are you doing anything meaningful for the Kingdom? This is all still jumbled up in my head but I wanted to get it out. I just feel  (or really HAVE been feeling) like everything is meaningless unless its for Christ. This is not a new revelation for me, I have thought this for some time. It just became more vivid for me over these past few weeks. I just returned from being purposeful overseas. It is so hard to come back from that purposeful, thoughtful life and return to a completely selfish life. For those of you unaware, I have been abroad for 37 of the last 40 days these past two months. I have seen many countries, and found in interesting to see different faiths around the world and how they worship. It really shows the importance of sharing on a daily basis with strangers, family members and friends alike.

Romans 10:11-15
For the Scripture says, “WHOEVER BELIEVES IN HIM WILL NOT BE DISAPPOINTED.” For there is no distinction between Jew and Greek; for the same Lord is Lord of all, abounding in riches for all who call on Him; for “WHOEVER WILL CALL ON THE NAME OF THE LORD WILL BE SAVED.” How then will they call on Him in whom they have not believed? How will they believe in Him whom they have not heard? And how will they hear without a preacher?  How will they preach unless they are sent? Just as it is written, “HOW BEAUTIFUL ARE THE FEET OF THOSE WHO BRING GOOD NEWS OF GOOD THINGS!” 


I wanted to leave you with a few pictures of places of worship I came across on my travels:
At a temple carved out of a rock in EA


This is at the church they claim Jesus was Crucified at

A church in Italy

The church on the Mount of Beatitudes

The church of the Vatican (which was GIGANTIC)

People rubbing Peters feet for a blessing (his feet have been worn off)
one of many mosques in Turkey





~N

1 comment: