Monday, February 20, 2012

Alanya, Turkey

We visited Alanya, Turkey during our cruise. It was a beautiful port city. It had a walled area that reminded me of "The Great Wall." There was also excellent shopping and food. When Sandie and I went shopping the shop owners had a clever trick for keeping you inside the store. They would give you their famous Apple tea. It was delicious and came in the cutest cups. They also offered Turkish coffee which was also delicious. We toured some ruins (yeah I'm lame and cannot think of the name of these). They were very neat, had an amphitheater and everything. We also visited the Damlataş Cave, which was very crowded unfortunately and did not help my fear of small spaces. We did have a great meal after our tour. I would say it was one of the best meals we had off the boat! We also did a little shopping around the town afterward. I was able to see the call to prayer and see people cleaning themselves before entering the Mosque.
Turkish apple tea (I bought a set with these glasses they are so cute!)

Turkish coffee, I got my mom some of this! They cook it in that small metal pot
This is not my own picture but it shows just how crowded the city really is
The walled city

Near where our boat docked

Ruins in Alanya

The fam bam

My favorite person in the world

Sonia being a bull :)

ummmmmm

I love this! They used to make statues with removable heads so when a new person became leader they could just switch out the head! Funny eh?

I'm a statue!

A mosque

The cave

Proof I went in


Our ship in port

My delicious lunch!!!

Ice cream on waffles?!

No comments:

Post a Comment