Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Rhodes, Greece

I have to say that by far, Rhodes was one of my favorite stops! This city had European charm (the crusaders built a massive fort here) and old Greek romance. Chad and I went on a tour of Lindos, a town with an ancient acropolis sitting atop it. We were able to tour the acropolis at our leisure and even ride a donkey if we wanted (we did not). On the way up to the town I heard a noise and looked quickly to my right....as I did I walked right into this pole that went a bit higher than my knee and had a spike sticking out of it. Needless to say I had an instant headache and the biggest and ugliest bruise you have ever seen...it was bigger than my thumb and all sorts of purple, green, yellow, blue and black. Lovely....no more shorts for me on the trip otherwise you would have everybody staring at the bruise on your legs!! We had alot of fun and on the way back out our bus overheated and we got to drive slowly over windy roads with no air (and it was pretty muggy) not too good for a girl who gets car sick super easy!! We enjoyed Rhodes alot and hope to go back one day!!

Donkies to ride up to the ruins of the city of Lindos, Greece




Lindos, an amazing townj

wait....those ticket counters were here when this was built?! :)

Ancient ruins of the city of Lindos


This is the spot where Paul supposedly stopped on one of his Journeys






The amazing little city at the bottom of the 
ruins



Enjoying a fresh made crepe with Nutella!!

Cool walkway in the little town

I think I could live here!

The town and the ruins on the top of the hill

Pottery demonstration


Who knew....bedrock is on Rhodes?! :)

The port city had some great shopping!


Kitties!!



Loved these lights!! They were pricy though

Check out all the images in here!

You can see the Sulemian Mosque in the background here

A guy playing the bagpipes! Very British!

Chad with the moat in the background....see the cannon balls by his elbow?

Walking down the "Avenue of the Kinghts"


Cool gate with my fei :)

This is just a funny picture....Sandie and I just went to a disgusting restroom if you can't tell by our faces!!

Entrance to the Palace of the Grand Master of the Knights

Oh yeah!!!

Cool mix of architecture here

Ah such a beautiful island!



1 comment:

  1. ah Rhodes....one of my favorite places! Good sites, good food, good culture... :)

    ReplyDelete