Saturday, June 5, 2010

Lodi trip

On Memorial Day weekend Chad, my mother in law, Sonia (my niece) and I drove up to Lodi, CA for a weekend away. Lodi is about 30 minutes from Sacramento...in case you don't know where it is.

Our drive looked mostly like this:
We saw a new water tower for each city we passed here is what they looked like:
Sonia did alot of this when driving:

Chad's uncle Greg owns and operates this great restraunt up in Lodi called "The Dancing Fox," it is also a wine tasteing place because he owns his own vineyards. It was amazing. Great food (loved the Almond bark and cookies) and great wine samples!! Here is what it looked like:
It was so beautiful and we had such a great time feasting on the fresh made bread and pastries not to mention the delicious pizza, sunday brunch and Sangria!! We were blessed to stay at Gregs house and enjoyed the pool and spa while we were there:
We also took a day trip to a few old mining towns that I have since forgot the names of....but they were so cute! They had all kinds of great antique stores and amazing views!
We also were able to visit Greg's vineyards. They were beautiful and also where he gets his grapes to make his wines:
It was a great tip....much needed after all we have been through this past month. I hope we can go visit again soon! I will leave you with a few pictures from our evening walk in the vineyard Greg owns behind his home:
Have a great afternoon! 

~N

2 comments:

  1. we should go again sometime...so relaxing up there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was such a fun weekend. I loved the pictures!

    ReplyDelete