Tuesday, June 1, 2010

I will be here

When Chad and I were getting married, we had a hard time picking the song we were going to do our first dance to. Chads mom suggested the song "I will be Here" by Steven Curtis Chapman. That is the song we used. When we chose that song I did not realize how much of the song would come true in the short span we have been married. I can say that this song's lyrics ring true of Chad and I now more than ever....definitely more than when we were first married. We have been through allot, and I know that there is still more to come. I often think that we are a weathered couple, having been through losses of jobs (3 total), major deaths in the family and health scares etc. I am so glad Chad and I are married, I don't know where I would be without him. Here are the lyrics:


I will Be Here 
By: Steven Curtis Chapman


Tomorrow mornin' if you wake up
And the sun does not appear
I...I will be here

If in the dark we lose sight of love
Hold my hand and have no fear
'Cause I...I will be here

I will be here...
When you feel like bein' quiet
When you need to speak your mind
I will listen
And I will be here
When the laughter turns to cryin'
Through the winnin' and losin' and tryin'
We'll be together
'Cause I will be here

Tomorrow mornin' if you wake up
And the future is unclear
I...I'll be here

Just as sure as seasons are made for change
Our lifetimes are made for years
I...I will be here

I will be here....
You can cry on my shoulder
When the mirror tells us we're older
I will hold you

And I will be here
To watch you grow in beauty
And tell you all the things you are to me
I will be here

I will be true
To the promise I have made
To you and to the
One who gave you to me

I...I will be here

And just as sure as seasons are made for change
Our lifetimes are made for years
'Cause I...
I will be here....
We'll be together

'Cause I will be here

1 comment:

  1. there's been a lot of laughter and a lot of crying....glad that God has glued us together :)

    ReplyDelete