Sunday, April 24, 2011

A great video and PIE

I saw this video on a blog I read today. It really got to me. Especially the question asked when the boys see Santa for the first time. The video is taken from a documentary called " God Grew Tired of Us" which is about the "Lost Boys of Sudan." It just reminded me of how much I take for granted living in the US. I have a house, a job, food in a refrigerator, and three TV's (yes way too many but all were free!).





On a different note, this week for our PIE outreach we decided to go to a new location. We went to downtown. It was not a place I was very comfortable at, full of bars, gay bars and people on drugs walking around the streets.There was alot of darkness down there, especially since there is a local witchcraft store and meeting place right in the center of downtown! We had a conversation with a nice homeless man named Tommy (keep him in prayers please), a few bar patrons, a clearly demonic man and I had a conversation with two JW's. My JW conversation was horrible. I am so angry with myself at how it went, i felt like a studdering, bumbling idiot. I have been lifting them up every day though, which is good. I have also been doing some intense research on the trinity (which was what they used on me). I have found their arguments to be absurd and now have great verses to counter them next time. What I found interesting with them was when I would bring up a legitimate verse proving the deity of Christ and they would just brush it off. She shared that where Christ says "if you have seen me you have seen the Father," is like a father and son, how a son has some physical traits that are similar to his father. This makes no sense! Wish I could go back in time and be more firm in my stance (I was, but my voice was fumbly for some STRANGE reason). Im pretty sure I will remember that encounter for a long time because it just was not good. But I will continue on! I hope you all do too!! Get out there and share the GOOD NEWS!


~N

4 comments:

  1. JW's are enslaved to their cult, so don't take it to hard if you fumbled a little bit. They will disregard every scripture that counters their cultic positions. Salvation is of the Lord.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the encouragement....I have been praying for them!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like that the guys thought butter and our food was gross...haha.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Don't be discouraged Nicole. I have felt the same way after an encounter with JW's. A book that has really helped me is "Winning the Witnesses" by Daniel Rodriguez. (Chick Tract publications)

    It helped me to understand why our quoting Scripture to them isn't very helpful most of the time. The reason why is that they filter the Bible through the Watchtower. They "see" the words of Scripture through the lens of the Watchtower...so we need to get them to admit that the Watchtower publications are not inspired but Scripture is.
    Anyway, there's lots of helpful tips in this short book if you want to check it out.
    You guys continue to remain an encouragement to us!
    God bless,
    Laura

    ReplyDelete