Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Woops!

It has come to my attention that I accidentally skipped a gorgeous stop in Italy on my cruise blog here! I know that you are all very upset with me and have been anticipating this blog...HA! ok anyway....I accidentally skipped Taromina. Chad said it was because we were only there for half a day....but still...it was a Beautiful little town on a cliff. Italy has to be one of my favorite places that I have visited in the world. Its breathtaking and the people are very friendly. Taromina was no different. We took a nice tour of the town and shopped in some really neat local stores. We also were able to see a volcano in the distance....which was smoking called Mt. Etna. Taromina was such a relaxing town, we were able to walk through the narrow streets and come upon a Roman theater built in the second century and still in use today! **Warning....I think I put too many pictures in this one!***

This was spray painted on my bathroom door....i found it appropriate

The beautiful little town!

They grow trees like this in Rome, they are amazing to see!

This makes me think of the Wizard of Oz door...its a Catholic church though

The town

All over Italy they make sandals to fit your feet! How amazing is this?!

Our hike down to the boat

So beautiful!

Our boat docked here and we had to walk the rest of the way...

Sigh

A smoking Mt. Etna!

Don't hold hands!

Entrance to the city!

Pretty little church


Cool store....notice all the small no photo signs...i only noticed after it took this picture! ha!


a large open square

YUM!!

Such pretty colors

Cutie


The Roman theater....set up for a concert

sup?

The view from the theater!

Loved this!


Sonia, Sandie and I!



A random pirate ship

Chad thinking of how amazing this place is!


This would have looked way cooler without the modern screen there but oh well

Love the colorful pots here


Street vendor selling something that my dad bought in Paris, France years ago that didn't work...hahaha

Can you tell I love bright colors?

Cute sonia!

Our favorite Granita!

Cool looking cross!


OK....next stop will be Santorini, Greece....and its beautiful!

~N

No comments:

Post a Comment