Monday, May 3, 2010

O Death

"O DEATH, WHERE IS YOUR VICTORY? O DEATH, WHERE IS YOUR STING?"

This has been going through my head alot lately. My father-in -law passed away peacefully surrounded by family on Sunday evening. This came to mind and I have to say, as my mother in law said "it still stings" but not as bad because we all know where he is. It still stinks. I dont like the feeling of losing somebody you care about. This time it is different. When my uncle passed it was shocking and I felt like I had been sucker punched and I was always waiting for him to jump out and suprise me saying it was a joke (morbid i know). But with my father in law I know its real, final and sad. I don't feel as if have been sucker punched though. Im so glad for answered prayers and the chance to say goodbye. I don't like death. I hope this is not a regular thing for me. The service is next week, it will be a hard week for the family. Please pray for us.

1 comment:

  1. I don't like the finality of death on this side of eternity. I'm glad though that my dad is with Jesus :)

    ReplyDelete