Sunday, May 2, 2010

Song

This song is me right now. I wanted to share it with you. You can watch it here.

This song is by Jeremy Camp:

I have seen the many faces,
I fear in the pain.
I have watched the tears fall plenty,
From heart ache and strength.
So if life's journey, Has you weary and afraid.

There's rest in the shadow of his wings
I have walked through the valleys,
The mountains and plains.
I have held the hand of freedom
It washes all my stains.
If you feel the weight of many trials,
And burdens from this world.
There's freedom in the shelter of the Lord.

[Chorus:]

I have seen,
The healing hand of God,
Reaching out and mending broken hearts.
Taste and see the fullness of His peace,
And hold on to what's being held out.
The healing hand of God.

I have touched the scars upon His hands,
To see if they were real.
He has walked the road before me,
He knows just how I feel.
When you feel there is not anyone,
Who understands your pain,
Just remember all of Jesus' suffering.
[Chorus]
Cast all your cares on Him,
For He cares for you.
He's near to the broken and confused.
By His stripes,
Our spirit is renewed.
So enter in the joy prepared for you.


For some reason I can identify major times in my life by certian songs. When my uncle Jim passed it was a song by Phil Wickham (he is amazing) and now with Bob its this song and another......called "Closer to Love". As soon as either song is on the radio im in tears. This is hard. Watching Chad's dad battle cancer is so hard for me because I cant do a thing to help him. Seeing this strong man slowly lose his strength. Its so sad. I think i was in shock for a long time and it just hit me last week. The finality of all this. I keep crying at random times (usually bad ones). Today on my way to work I just started bawling in my car, people were looking at me and I had to go into work with my make-up messed up. Ahhh I hate this. I asked chad "why cant we go back to being kids when there were no problems and everybody was ok?" Do you ever wish this? Chad and I have been through alot in our five years of marriage.....things I think have really taxed us. I know people say that we will be stronger but im having a hard time with it. Pray for me.

2 comments:

  1. know what you mean...I can't believe this happened. Like my brother Nate said "it's like a bad dream that you can't wake up from". I love you. Thank you for being by my side through all of this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the line "He has walked the road before me,He knows just how I feel."

    ReplyDelete