Saturday, October 1, 2011

Evangelism

I found this article on Ray Comforts new blog titled The Daily Evidence and thought it would be a great encouragement and challenge for us. I often hear people say " I could never do what you do" but if I was doing it in my own power I could not do it either (what I'm speaking of is evangelism). I pray each week that God would spur me on and stretch me each Friday night when we go out and evangelize....and most of all I pray that God would guide me and guide any conversations I might have. Prayer and faith are what I rely on. I pray without ceasing (1Thessalonians 5:16-18) and have faith that God will be with me and guide my conversations. I know that if I step out in faith and obedience to God (Matthew 28:18-20) He will guide me. I hope you enjoy this article....and next Friday night come out with us to share the gospel with those who have never heard! On a side note.....chad has had at least one person each week (for several weeks now) who have never heard John 3:16....I have shared with an Asian man who had been in America for only a week and had never heard the name of Jesus....I have even met young children (about fifth grade) who did not know what Jesus did for them so they could have eternal life. People in America need to hear, how will they hear unless somebody tells them? Who will go? Please consider coming to Pie and sharing with those you come in contact with on a daily basis.....how will they know unless you tell them?

Here is the article: 

Despicable Pharisaism.

Robert Speer said, “The evangelization of the world depends first of all upon a revival of prayer. Deeper than the need for workers; deeper far, than the need for money; deep down at the bottom of our spiritual lives is the need for the forgotten secret of prevailing, worldwide prayer. Missions have progressed slowly abroad because piety and prayer have been slow at home.”
Robert Speer is right; prayer is evidence of our utter dependence on God. Without Him we can do noth- ing. However, never forget that Jesus said there was a lack of laborers in His time, and there is a lack of la- borers in our time (see Matt. 9:37). It is easier to pray for this world than to preach the gospel to them. So make sure that you don’t substitute the sacrifice of prayer for the obedience of evangelism; to do so is to play the hypocrite.
“We Christians too often substitute prayer for playing the game. Prayer is good; but when used as a substitute for obedience, it is nothing but a blatant hypocrisy, a despicable Pharisaism…To your knees, man! And to your Bible! Decide at once! Don’t hedge! Time flies! Cease your insults to God. Quit consulting flesh and blood. Stop your lame, lying, and cowardly excuses. Enlist!” C. T. Studd 
Matthew 21:22 And whatever things you ask in prayer, believing, you will receive.”


~N

No comments:

Post a Comment