Saturday, October 29, 2011

Haifa, Israel

Well....after visiting Antalya, Turkey we made our way to Haifa, Israel. When I woke up in the morning our ship was getting ready to dock. I went out onto our balcony and saw all kinds of jelly fish floating in the water....and (I know this is going to sound a bit silly) the water was glittering in the sunlight. I said to chad "Israel is already amazing....look at their glittery water." Our boat docked at port and we were notified that we needed to go to the main area to be questioned by Israeli security before being given a visa to enter the country. I have to admit i was a bit afraid. When it was my turn they asked me just a few questions and sent me on my way...no problems!! What was funny though was every time we got off the ship to enter into Israel (we were in Israel for three days) my brother-in-law Aaron was pulled aside for extra questioning and he usually had to take apart his camera so they could inspect it. The port of Haifa is in the northern area of Israel so we visited quite a few places. My mother in law got us a private tour so we were able to go wherever we wanted. Our first stop was the valley of Meggido, where the battle of Armageddon will be fought. We walked around the ruins there and in an underground water tunnel. We then had lunch in the valley at an amazing falafel shop where the guy threw the falafel into the air and it landed in the pita! After that we saw what is called "The mount of Transfiguration," went to the Jordan river (which was full of gigantic fish and other large creatures), drove through Nazareth, visited the sea of Galilee, the ruins of Capernaum, and went to the Mt. of Beatitudes. It was so amazing to walk where my Lord walked and see places that I had never dreamed I would see. Its so neat to read the scriptures and visualize these places that I read about. I would love to go back and just sit on the hills above the Sea of Galilee and pray.

Haifa is on the top of the map
the church on the Mt. of the Beatitudes

All the signs were in English, Arabic and Hebrew!

Megiddo!!

This picture does not do it justice....Megiddo is HUGE!

Chad and I overlooking the valley of Megiddo

A well

getting ready to walk underground in Megiddo

Scary face....because im afraid of small spaces!!!

cool view

My brother in law Aaron taking some cool pics

Neat....underground




There was a bit of water there

Getting a fresh falafel

YUMMMM

YES!


LOL

The ruins of a Jewish synagogue in Capharnaum

A Christian church built on top of the Jewish ruins

Kitty

So pretty!! See the Orthodox church in the background?



Neat

Sea of Galilee

:)

Just a beautiful place

Love the colors

Amen

No short shorts guys!!


Jordan River

I know why its forbidden...that water is disgusting!

Yeah if you jump in the water these guys are gonna come check you out!

Ummmmm no thanks!! :)

Bible verses in all kinds of different languages around the baptismal site

neat

See the minaret? Those dotted the skyline everywhere and made me so sad


Nazareth....and a minaret!


Nazareth

Nazareth


Our port Haifa at night

Police patrol boats escorting us out of the port

YESS!!! See...English, Hebrew and Arabic

Beautiful sunset

The Bahai gardens

View from the top of the Bahai gardens

The Bahai gardens....the largest Bahai center in the world is in Israel

What a view!

 Next stop....Ashdod, Israel!

~N


1 comment: