Sunday, December 12, 2010

Pictures



I wrote a post about a week ago on Psalm 121 and Chad commented that he could not wait to hang up a scroll we had bought in China on our wall with the same verse. I thought it would be neat to show you all what scrolls we bought and what they mean. Here they are:


This scroll has a great verse on it (sorry its sideways, I don't know how to change it). It has Romans 10:15 on it, which says "How will they preach unless they are sent? Just as it is written, "HOW BEAUTIFUL ARE THE FEET OF THOSE WHO BRING GOOD NEWS OF GOOD THINGS!" This verse is really meaningful to me. Especially when we were on that trip. How will they know about God, about Jesus and that they don't need to be afraid of evil spirits and worship their ancestors unless somebody tells them? How will they know they can have forgiveness from their sins without somebody telling them? How beautiful that is.

 This picture is of the first souvenir I bought in China. It was after we toured the Great Wall, they had a little shopping area at the bottom and I saw these dolls. They represent a few Chinese cultures, each doll is dressed in their traditional clothes from that region. They actually had alot of different ones, but these were so colorful that I chose them. They are a great reminder of just how many people live in China.
 This is a picture of what the verse is on the scroll in the first picture. Since the verse is written in Chinese, we need these little English papers so we remember!
 Each of these pictures has a bible verse written at the bottom. They are so beautiful and a great representation of China that we got them. They will remind us to pray for China every time we walk past them.
 I LOVE THIS!


This is the scroll that has Psalm 121 on it. I think the picture drawn is fitting for the verse. "I lift my eyes up....to the mountains" such a beautiful picture and representation of that verse.

This picture is one of my favorites. Its actually a piece of red paper (the red part in the center) that is hand cut with the words "Pray for China" in Chinese. The shape of the paper is China, also known as "The Big Chicken," can you see the chicken? Well we got these to give to people when we got home to hopefully spur them on to praying for China!

OK well I should be doing homework, but I am so glad I thought to take these pictures and write about them. I hope they encourage you as they do me! Be sure to share the gospel today!


~N

1 comment:

  1. I can't wait for them to be on the walls and to get the 3 pictures in frames :)

    ReplyDelete