Saturday, December 18, 2010

Prayer

1 Thessalonians 5:16-18 
"Rejoice always; pray without ceasing; in everything give thanks; for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus."

The verse above is one of my favorite verses in the Bible. It reminds me how important prayer is and how I need to be thankful in all circumstances! I know that when my prayer life is slacking, so is my bible reading, and other things. Be sure that you are taking time daily in prayer (and im not just meaning before you eat). Be sure we are praying always....when we drive, when we walk, whatever we are doing. This can have such an impact for the cause of Christ!


"Lord I am no longer my own, but yours. Put me to what You will, rank me with whom You will. Let be employed by You or laid aside for You, exalted for You or brought low by You. Let me have all things, let me have nothing, i freely and heartily yield all things to Your pleasure and disposal. And now ,O glorious and blessed God, Father, Son and Holy Spirit, you are mine and I am Yours. So be it. Amen." -John Wesley


"Perhaps no sin of omission more frequently occasions this than the neglect of prayer" -John Wesley


~N

1 comment:

  1. good verse....always a good reminder when I am being a crabby patty.

    ReplyDelete